Rensselaer is a member of ConnectNY, a consortium of academic institutions in New York State which share their catalogs so that authorized users can borrow books and selected materials from other members' collections. To borrow materials from the ConnectNY catalog, the requesting process is as follows:
- Start a new search using the ConnectNY shared catalog
- Click "Request" on the item you want
- Select "Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute" as your institution
- Enter your RCS ID and password to authenticate (two-factor authentication is required)
- Within four to five business days, you will receive an email notification that your item is ready to pick up at the Folsom Library Service Desk
- Materials may be borrowed free-of-charge for an 84-day loan period. These materials may be subject to early recall.
- ConnectNY materials are included in your personal Rensselaer borrowing limit.
- Delinquent ConnectNY loaned materials are subject to separate billing and processing fees. Processing fees are not automatically waived upon return of the delinquent items.
- The ConnectNY system will block access to any users with outstanding bills or overdue charges. Those individuals will need to contact the Folsom or Architecture Service Desk to resolve outstanding issues.