Rensselaer students, faculty, and staff are generally able to access most Library services and materials using their RCS ID and password. Please contact the Libraries with any login or password problems.
RCS (Rensselaer Computing System) ID and password
- Same username and password you use to access your Rensselaer email.
- Do not include "@rpi.edu" when typing your username.
- Used by most students, faculty, and staff to access most library services, including personal library records, off-campus access to electronic resources, and Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
More RCS-related information is available from the DotCIO website.
RIN (Rensselaer Identification Number) and Library PIN (only for users without RCS accounts)
- Your RIN is a nine-digit number, found on your Rensselaer identification card.
- Your Library PIN is initially set by the Library.
- You may submit a request to reset your PIN. Instructions will be sent to the email address in your Library record.
ILLiad username and password - used to access the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan system
- Sign into Interlibrary Loan using your RCS ID and password.
- Rensselaer users not assigned an RCS ID should contact Interlibrary Loan for assistance.
- Most Library databases, ejournals and ebooks are restricted by license agreements to current Rensselaer students, faculty and staff. Authentication with RCS ID and password is required for access.
- Connect to resources through links on the Library website, rather than bookmarking them. This eliminates many connection/authentication problems.
- The VPN does not provide access to Library resources.
- Contact Library Support if you have questions, or problems authenticating.
- Off-campus/remote use is available for many, but not all, electronic resources.