Rensselaer Digital Collections consist of materials of intellectual, historic and cultural value to Rensselaer in a wide variety of image, audio, video and text formats. The Digital Collections are administered by the Rensselaer Libraries, utilizing DigiTool, a content management application that is compliant with data standards relating to the Open Archives Initiative (OAI).
The collections include:
- Rensselaer doctoral dissertations, most from December 2006 forward.
- Master's theses, most from December 2007 forward.
- Selected publications and photographs from the Institute Archives and Special Collections.
- School of Architecture publications, image collections, and Bachelor of Architecture fifth year projects from 2007-2015.
- Darrin Fresh Water Institute papers and reports.
- The Polytechnic from the 1800s through 2001.
- Rensselaer Alumni Magazine.
Access and Permissions
Rensselaer students, faculty, and staff have free, unlimited access to the Rensselaer Digital Collections. Many items are also available to unaffiliated researchers, but access to some items is restricted by copyright or licensing agreements. Inquiries about collections or specific items should be made to Digital Collections Support.
Alumni have access to the Digital Collections, including copyright restricted material. Alums can login using their Rensselaer Alumni Association (RAA) username and password.