Current Magazines are located in The Class of ’96 Reading Room, on the main floor of Folsom Library. View our collection of current magazines.
Print Periodicals can be found in the journal stacks in both the Folsom and Architecture Libraries.
Scholarly Journal Articles can be found using a general keyword search in Quick Search. For more targeted searches, try these options:
Databases of A-Z Journals: Choose general or discipline-specific databases to search for articles.
List of eJournals by title. Filter list by subject or vendor, or search by ISSN.
Browse eJournals by subject, title, and ISSN.
- BrowZine is a web and mobile application that makes it easy to keep up with research literature from your mobile or desktop device. You can create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals, be alerted when new issues are published, and read articles in a format optimized for tablet devices. You can also easily save articles to Dropbox, Zotero, Mendeley, and other services. Your BrowZine user account is synchronized across web and mobile services.
- Download the free BrowZine app.
- When you open BrowZine for the first time, you'll see a list of schools. Select RPI, then enter your RCS user ID and password.
Whether on or off campus, connect to online resources via links on the Libraries' website for authenticated access to subscribed or purchased content. Access to some resources requires additional authentication with your RCS ID and password.
Citations often list journal titles in an abbreviated form. On these sites you can look up abbreviations, full titles, ISSNs, and other publication information.
- All that JAS (Journal Abbreviation Sources) : "a registry of Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations."
- Genamics JournalSeek : "the largest completely categorized database of freely available journal information available on the Internet."
- ISI Journal Abbreviations : index from the Caltech Library System.
- Core Journals covered in ChemicalAbstractsPlus : contains the short title, complete title, and CODEN.
- Journals list from MathSciNet : for journals indexed by the Mathematical Reviews Database. Enter a journal abbreviation, journal name, partial name, or an ISSN. Entire Abbreviations of Names of Serials in PDF.
- Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research index of abbreviations for referring to natural science and forest science journals.