Tips for Accessing and Using Course Reserves
- The Course Reserves database includes materials that are restricted to Rensselaer faculty, staff and students in order to comply with copyright law and various licensing agreements.
- Search the Reserves by instructor’s last name, course name, or department.
- Architecture Course Reserve materials are available only at the Architecture Library.
- Some Course Reserves items may be limited to electronic availability.
- Be prepared to deposit a required acceptable, positive form of identification – such as a Rensselaer or other college ID card, a Rensselaer Libraries' Courtesy Card, or current driver's license – to collect Course Reserves materials.
Tips for Submitting Course Reserves
- Use the Course Reserves request form to list all assigned and suggested readings with complete bibliographic information, including author, book or journal title, date etc.
- Identify specific book chapters to be put on reserve.
- Physical request forms are available at the Library Service Desk.
- Submit all request forms to the Service Desks before the start of classes to allow for timely processing.
A Note about Textbook Acquisitions
- It is the general policy of the Rensselaer Libraries not to purchase copies of textbooks. This includes electronic textbooks — Electronic versions of textbooks that are able to be purchased by libraries are often expensive and allow only one user at a time.