Tips for Accessing and Using Course Reserves
- Access the Course Reserves database directly or from the Rensselaer Libraries' homepage.
- Keep in mind that the use of some Course Reserves resources is restricted to Rensselaer faculty, staff and students in order to comply with copyright law and various licensing agreements.
- Search the Reserves by instructor’s last name, course name, or department.
- Remember that Architecture Course Reserve materials are only available at the Architecture Library.
- Note that some listed Course Reserves items may only be available electronically.
- Be prepared to deposit a required acceptable, positive form of identification – such as a Rensselaer or other college ID card, a Rensselaer Libraries' Courtesy Card, or current driver's license – to collect Course Reserves materials.
Tips for Submitting Course Reserves
- Use the Course Reserves request form to list all assigned and suggested readings with complete bibliographic information, including author, book or journal title, date etc. Request forms are also available at the Library Service Desks.
- Submit request forms to the Service Desks before the start of classes to allow for timely processing.
- Identify specific book chapters to be put on reserve.