Log in to ILLiad, the Institute's document delivery service, using your RCS ID and password.
Whenever possible, the Libraries will:
- Obtain electronic copies of documents.
- Obtain materials without cost to researchers by seeking "free" use of materials from other libraries.
- Subsidize up to $20.00 of any costs for current Rensselaer students, faculty, and staff.
Loans and Renewals
- Conditions of use are set by the lending institutions, and the Rensselaer Libraries are not authorized to modify these conditions. For example, the Rensselaer Libraries cannot overrule any building-use only restrictions.
- Book loans typically last for 30 days, with the loan period starting as of the book's shipping date.
- Renewal requests can be made to the lending libraries on an individual's behalf one to three days in advance of loan expiration. However, these are frequently not granted by lending institutions.
- Users cannot request loan renewals via the ILLiad system after a loan's due date has expired.
Fees and Fines
- The user is responsible for any fines or replacement costs assessed by the lending institutions.
- Any delinquent loans and outstanding bills for materials borrowed from other libraries will result in the suspension of the Rensselaer Libraries' borrowing privileges.
Use of Copies
- Researchers should consult the U.S. Copyright law regarding “Fair Use” and retention policies, and are advised to read any "Conditions of Use" statements accompanying the documents.
- See Highlights of Copyright Law for more detailed information about using copyright-protected information.