The Rensselaer Libraries have customized the DMPTool to help the Rensselaer community with their research data management plans (DMPs). The DMPTool is a web-based tool that assists in writing a DMP for funder requirements.
Highlights of the DMPTool:
- DMP templates can be used for specific funders such as NIH, NSF, DOD, DOE, NEH, NASA and many more
- RPI specific information is available, such as your affiliated school
- DMPs can be saved and reused for future proposals
- Make your DMP public, private, or visible to only Rensselaer users
- Connect your DMP to an ORCID record
- Invite collaborators at Rensselaer or other institutions to work on your DMP
To get started:
- Access the DMPTool at https://dmptool.org/
- Click “Sign In,” and choose “Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)” from “Option 1” and login via Single Sign-On (Shibboleth).
- Existing DMPTool users affiliated with Rensselaer will automatically have their accounts switched over to the customized Rensselaer DMPTool.
- A quick start guide for the tool is available at https://dmptool.org/help.