Are you ready to become a better researcher using Library resources?
(using library resources you probably didn't know about)
in 25 seconds...
Finding your phone to authenticate on DuoMobile
in 49 seconds...
- Reminder that research is a process that requires flexibility and curiosity.
- Includes strategies to make connections between ideas and form a focused research question.
in 1 minute, 2 seconds...
Video: What to do when your Topic is too Broad
- Introduces strategies for refining the scope of a research topic.
- Encourages you to engage in reflection and revision based on the analysis of your search results.
in 1 minute, 13 seconds...
Video: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing (Oh my!)
- Outlines the purposes and characteristics of paraphrased and summarized statements and direct quotes.
- After watching this video, you will be able to select the most appropriate method of presenting information based on your assembled sources and assignment requirements.
in 1 minute, 24 seconds...
- Illustrates the process of synthesizing information from multiple research sources.
- Includes a discussion about the purpose of background sources such as encyclopedias in building your understanding of a concept and its themes.
in 5 seconds...
Pat yourself on the back, and marvel at your newfound research skills!
Bonus points: Share this with a friend. (Research is more fun together.)
"Wait just a second! Are there more library resources I don't know about?"
Probably! Here's a "good to know" online resource that the library staff put together to make your lives a little easier.