Due to COVID-19, the Libraries now offer a contact-free pickup option for checking out physical materials. You will need to place a "hold" on the item using our catalog, and pick up the materials at the circulation desk, inside Folsom Library.
(If you prefer, the collection is open for browsing and checking out physical materials in person.)
How to place a "hold" on physical materials from the library this semester.
- Search The Catalog for an item (example: "Vietnam")
- Click on item
- Click on "Place Hold" button
- Select a service and login
- Fill out "hold" request form and click "Submit" button.
- You can check your holds by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting "My Account"
How to pick up your holds from the library this semester.
- After you place a hold through The Catalog, the item(s) will be retrieved by library staff, and checked out to your library account
- You will receive an email notice that your item is available for pickup
- After you receive the email, go to cal.lib.rpi.edu to reserve a time to pick up your item
- Items requested at the Architecture Library will be on hold at the Architecture Library.
- When you enter the library, look for the "Holds" identified area at the circulation desk. Your item(s) will be labeled with your name.
- Click on "My Account" in the top right corner.
- Select "Checked Out" or "Requested" to find the item you want to cancel
- Select the item you want to remove and click the CANCEL REQUESTS button or the Edit Request link