Due to COVID-19, the Libraries have made some changes to how you pick up physical materials during the Fall 2020 semester. You will need to place a "hold" on the item using our catalog, and pick up the materials at the circulation desk, inside Folsom Library.
How to place a "hold" on physical materials from the library this semester.
- Search The Catalog for an item (example: "Vietnam")
- Click on item
- Click on "Place Hold" button
- Select a service and login
- Fill out "hold" request form and click "Submit" button.
- You can check your holds by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting "My Account"
How to pick up your holds from the library this semester.
- After you place a hold through The Catalog, the item(s) will be retrieved by library staff, and checked out to your library account
- You will receive an email notice that your item is available for pickup
- After you receive the email, go to cal.lib.rpi.edu to reserve a time to pick up your item
- Items requested at the Architecture Library will be on hold at the Architecture Library.
- When you enter the library, look for the "Holds" identified area at the circulation desk. Your item(s) will be labeled with your name.
- Click on "My Account" in the top right corner.
- Select "Checked Out" or "Requested" to find the item you want to cancel
- Select the item you want to remove and click the CANCEL REQUESTS button or the Edit Request link