Rensselaer is a member of ConnectNY, a consortium of academic institutions in New York State which share their catalogs so that authorized users can borrow books and selected materials from other members' collections.
- Start a new search of the combined catalog using the ConnectNY website.
- Or, continue a search from the Rensselaer Libraries' catalog: Users can transfer the search to the ConnectNY website by clicking on on the ConnectNY icon. Results from across the consortium are then displayed.
If you find the item you need in the ConnectNY catalog, the requesting process is as follows:
- Click "Request" on the item you want.
- Select "Rensselaer" as your affiliation.
- Enter your RCS ID and password to authenticate.
- Within four to five business days, you will receive an email notification that your item is ready to pick up at the Folsom Library Service Desk.
There is more information listed on the Borrowing from ConnectNY information page.