Using Other Libraries
Direct Access Program (DAP)
Rensselaer faculty, staff and students with special borrower cards (DAP cards) issued by the Circulation Desks of the Architecture and Folsom Libraries may borrow books directly from many of the Capital District's academic, public, medical and technical libraries. The libraries of Bennington and Williams Colleges also will lend to Rensselaer users upon presentation of a current Rensselaer ID card. Rensselaer borrowers must abide by the lending policies of individual libraries and will be held accountable for any fines or fees incurred at other libraries.
Rensselaer retirees and alumni as well as spouses and dependents of Rensselaer faculty, staff and students can obtain DAP cards from their local public libraries.
You may want to search the catalogs of these other libraries before you travel to them.
CaDiLaC Online contains the combined holdings of many of the CDLC libraries.
- Albany Medical College Schaffer Library, Albany, NY (518-262-5532)
- Albany Pharmacy College Library, Albany, NY (518-445-7200)
- Bennington College Crossett Library, Bennington, VT (802-440-4610)
- College of St. Rose Neil Hellman Library, Albany, NY (518) 454-5180
- Hudson Valley Community College Library, Troy, NY (518-629-7337)
- Russell Sage College for Women, Library, Troy, NY (518-244-2249)
- Sage College of Albany, Library, Albany, NY (518-292-1721)
- Siena College J. Spenser and Patricia Standish Library, Loudonville, NY (518- 783-2988)
- Skidmore College Lucy Scribner Library, Saratoga Springs, NY (518-580-5500)
- Troy Public Library, Troy, NY (518-274-7071)
- Union College Schaffer Library, Schenectady, NY (518-388-6278)
- University at Albany University Libraries, Albany, NY (518-442-3558)
- Williams College Libraries, Williamstown, MA (413-597-2501)
District Libraries & Library Systems
New York State Library Online Catalog, Albany, NY : The New York State Research Library's collections, which include over 20 million items, support State government work and the research needs of the general public, both on-site and via interlibrary loan. Directions to the NYS Library.
Upper Hudson Library System : This catalog contains the combined holdings of public libraries located in Albany and Rensselaer counties.
SALS/MVLA Web Catalog : This catalog contains the combined holdings of public libraries located in Fulton, Hamilton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington counties.
the Local Area
WorldCat : WorldCat indexes library catalog records from around the world. Users can find records for books, journals, manuscripts, AV materials, and other items. These records give the name and location of the library holding the item, as well as other specific information that can be used to retrieve the item through interlibrary loan. WorldCat does not index individual journal articles, and it does not provide electronic full text access to the items that it describes. Includes records representing 400 languages.
LibDex : the Library Index. Index to 17,950 Libraries worldwide.
LibWeb : Library WWW Servers. Lists over 7000 pages from libraries in 146 countries.
SimplyE - New York
Public Library's e-reader
SimplyE, New York Public Library’s e-reader app, enables users to easily browse, borrow, and read e-books and audiobooks on a variety of devices. The New York Public Library has over 300,000 e-books and audiobooks, ranging from children’s books to bestsellers, available for free. For more information, go to E‑Book Central or the SimplyE Quick Start Guide.
Anyone who lives, works, studies, or pays property taxes in New York State is eligible to borrow e-books and audiobooks from the New York Public Library. To register for your New York Public Library library card, click here.
Center for Research Libraries : "An international not-for-profit consortium of colleges, universities, and libraries that makes available scholarly research resources to users everywhere."
The European Library: searches the content of European national libraries.
National Libraries of the World maintained by PublicLibraries.com
List of National and State Libraries from wikipedia