Home > Help Using the Libraries > Subject Research Guides > Business and Economics > Business and Economics: Library Guides and Handouts > Trade Publications & Newspapers
Search Tips: Trade Publications & Newspapers
Posted: Aug 21, 2015
Look for the SFX Button.
- A database may not include the full text for an article it cites.
- If this happens, look for the button.
- It will usually direct you to another electronic resource containing the full text of the article.
- Read more about the SFX button.
Directions to journals-articles databases .
- Go to library home page at http://library.rpi.edu.
- Click on articles-journals tab at top of web page.
- Find your database in Articles Database alphabetical list.
- F = Database includes full text articles.
- T = Trade publications are included in database.
- N = Newspapers or news wires.
- ABI/INFORM Global (ProQuest) FT
- Business and Company Resource Center (Gale) FT
- Business Source Premier (EbscoHost) FT
- LexisNexis Academic (Business News Articles) FTN
- New York Times (ProQuest) FN
- Newspaper Source (EbscoHost) FN
- ProQuest Newspapers FN
- Wall Street Journal (ProQuest) FN
Search strategy examples:
- Phrase - "internet industry"
- Truncation - operat* finds articles containing operations, operational, etc
- Wild Card - wom?n finds articles containing woman, or women