Users with Disabilities
The Rensselaer Libraries are committed to providing access to their materials and services for disabled users that are equivalent to those available to other users and that are in compliance with federal and state regulations.
Folsom Library is accessible by several pedestrian ramps. An elevator in the center of the building serves all floors.
The Architecture Library, located on the 3rd floor of the Greene Building, is also accessible by elevator. Use the east entrance via the pedestrian ramp located at the south side of the building.
Folsom Library also provides a Kurzweil Reading MachineStaff Guidelines for Assisting Disabled Users
- Staff will assist visually-impaired users in using on-line resources.
- Staff will retrieve books, journals, and other materials from collections for users who cannot retrieve such materials.
- Staff will assist users who have difficulty writing by filling out forms.
- Staff will modify usage rules and loan periods for library materials, when necessary.
- Staff will photocopy a limited number of pages or arrange to have photocopying or scanning done at a later time for users who have difficulty operating equipment.
- Staff will assist in setting up study materials for users with limited mobility.
- Staff will check stacks for materials when a telephone request is received from a disabled patron who has difficulty traveling to the library.
Disabled users requiring more extensive assistance are requested to contact the libraries in advance by calling:
- Folsom Library, Service Desk 276 - 8310
- Architecture Library, Greene Bldg. 276 - 6465
This page is maintained by the Public Services Department