indicates a resource for which access
is restricted to current Rensselaer students, faculty and
staff, and walk-in users of the Libraries. Accessing databases
off-campus requires using your RCS
ID and password to log in.
In addition to listing industry ratios, the following
resources also include guidelines for interpreting ratios:
See Preface of either RMA Annual Statement Studies and/or
Industry Norms & Key Business Ratios.
- RMA Annual Statement Studies: Preface
Ref Reserve HF5681 B2 R6x (Service Desk, Folsom
Library)Current 3 years at Service Desk; Earlier editions on
the 3rd floor, Folsom Library.
Company Ratios Source
- Enter company name in search box. Click on Go
- Click on Company Name.
- Click on Filings. Select HTML.
For ratios expressed as quartiles, please consult these
- RMA Annual Statement Studies Ref Reserve HF 5681 B2 R6x
(Three most current years - Service Desk, Folsom Library)
Earlier editions on the 3rd floor, Folsom Library
Industry Norms & Key Business Ratios
Figures in the ratio tables are broken down for all
companies sampled into:
- Median - the midpoint of all companies sampled.
- Upper Quartile - the mid-point of the upper half of the
- Lower Quartile - the mid-point of the lower half of the
- Upper quartile figures represent the best condition for
any given ratio.
- Upper quartile figures are not always the highest
- Lower quartile figures are not always the lowest