TA Library Workshop
Posted: Apr 5, 2017
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Main Floor Library Rm 238
- 1 . ConnectNY - Look for books that we don’t have but are available through the consortium and delivered to Folsom in three to four days. Can use this system if we have a book but it is checked out. ConnectNY books have a 42 day loan period and may be renewed once
- 2 . Interlibrary Loan - Use to request journal articles from journals we don't have. Also use to request books that aren't available at RPI or ConnectNY.
- Interlibrary loan (ILL)
- Quick Search - A "google-like" search. Retrieves library resources and material that can be obtained through interlibrary loan. Useful for searching article titles.
- Quick Search - located on library home page
III. Home Page Tabs (top of page)
- Useful collections of library materials.
- Tabs - located on library home page
- - articles journals
- - subject resources
- - reference tools
- 1 . Academic Search Premiere - Multi-disciplinary full text database in nearly every area of study.
- Academic Search Premiere
- 2 . Web of Science - Includes Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Citation Index. Useful to find articles more current than what you have.
- Web of Science
- 3 . Annual Reviews - Synthesis of the primary research literature for a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Annual Reviews
- 4 . Credo Reference - Content from hundreds of reference books in a broad range of subjects
- Credo Reference
- 5 . Opposing Viewpoints in Context - Research guides on currently debated topics, including news sources, full-text articles and multimedia
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- 6 . Ebook Central - Ebooks in most academic areas. Full text content can be searched and viewed online.
- Ebook Central
- 7 . Statistical Abstract - Summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the United States.
- Statistical Abstract
- 8 . WorldCat - Indexes library catalog records from around the world.