Locating Print and Electronic Books
Books (Print &
Use the Libraries' online catalog (http://opac.lib.rpi.edu) to search for a book (or e-book) by author, title, subject or keyword. After completing a search, a list of books, either print and/or electronic, will display. Print titles will be preceded by a book icon; e-titles by an e-book icon.
Limit search results to print books
- Click the Modify Search button at the top, then from Material Type select BOOKS and click the Search button.
Limit search results to ebooks…
- Click the Modify Search button at the top, then from Material Type select EBOOKS and click the Search button.
Locate a print book on the shelf.
- Click on a book title in your results. Note the Location, the complete Call Number and the Status. Book call numbers will start with capital letters; journal call numbers for the Folsom Library will start with a three-digit number)
- If the STATUS is "Available," the book is in the library. For its floor location, use the Folsom Book Stacks link (http://library.rpi.edu/update.do?artcenterkey=339) If the STATUS lists a due date, another user has checked out the book.
- You can place a hold on the book at the Service Desk or online by clicking the Request button at the top of the book's catalog record webpage. You’ll be prompted for your RCS ID and Password or Library Account Information (https://opac.lib.rpi.edu/patroninfo).
View and/or download ebooks ...
- Click on the book's title in the search results, and then click on the Connect from/to link. You may be prompted for your RCS ID and Password or Library Account Information (https://opac.lib.rpi.edu/patroninfo).
- To see details for viewing and/or downloading an ebook from a specific vendor, see Ebook Subscription Vendors and Policies: (http://library.rpi.edu/update.do?artcenterkey=2071)