Dissertation Boot Camp - Library Essentials
Go from database citation to full text elsewhere within Rensselaer Databases.
Interlibrary Loan with SFX
Go from database citation to easier Interlibrary Loan with SFX for items not owned by Rensselaer.
on SFX in Google Scholar
Provides a simple way to broadly search from one place for scholarly literature from many sources such as academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
III. CITATION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (EndNote, Mendeley. Zotero)
IV. STYLE GUIDES (Be sure to consult with your advisor.)
V. YOUR DISSERTATION OR THESIS
VI. BEYOND THIS WORKSHOP
A) Finding Databases for Your Subject Area - Mechanical Engineering Example
- Go to http://library.rpi.edu. At top of page, click on articles/journals tab.
- From Article Database by Subject pull down, select Engineering, Mechanical, from pull down menu.
- Review database selections.
B) If You Need Help/Would Like a Consultation - Ask-A-Librarian
- Go to http://library.rpi.edu. Click Ask-A-Librarian link in left frame.
- Review and select from choices from the Ask-A-Librarian page.
Page maintained by Colette O. Holmes, Folsom Library.