indicates a resource for which access is restricted to current Rensselaer students, faculty and staff, and walk-in users of the Libraries. If you are accessing such a database via a non-Rensselaer Internet Service Provider, you will be prompted to use your RCS ID and password or library account to log in.
Your Subject Librarian, Colette
Office: Folsom Library, 3rd floor North (341A)
Voice Mail: 276-8331, E-Mail: email@example.com
Available Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 3:00
Please call or email in advance for an office appointment.
- Evaluating Information on the Web (University of Iowa Library)
- Marketing Information PowerPoint (9 slides)
Determine if a Company is Private or Public.
Business & Company Resource Center
- Under Advanced Search icon, click on Search Now link.
- Enter company name in search box. Click Search button.
- Review search reaults.Click on the best match.
- Review Features field to determine if company is public or private.
- Use to look up competitors, market share, rankings, products, and much more.
Information Look Up
- Use to locate specific information, as well as information from the U.S. Economic Census and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Coverage for New York State, U.S., and international level.
- Scroll down page to locate link to trade publications or newspaper databases.
Some Well-Known Trade Publications
Gale Business and Company Resource Center
- Click on Search Now link under Advanced Search button. Select Associations from Content Area pull down menu.
- Select Association Name, Full Text, SIC, or NAICS code from search term pull down menu.
- Enter appropriate search term in the Search box. Click search button.
- NOTE: Coverage is international. Some content may not be in English.
- Includes links to catalogs such as Thomas Register, IC Master, and McMaster-Carr
- Includes links to trade data, organizations, and agreements.
- Business Source Premier - Search by country name and then select Country Reports from the left frame.
- Includes links to Google Patents and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office patent databases.
- Selected trade publications and reference books.
Maintained by Colette O. Holmes, Management Librarian, Folsom Library, firstname.lastname@example.org.