RINs, PINs and Passwords FAQs
Rensselaer students, faculty, and staff are generally able to access most library services and materials using their RCS ID and password. Some users may need to use other authentication methods (listed below).
Please contact the Libraries with any login or password problems.
RCS ID and password
- Used by most students, faculty, and staff to access most library services, including your library records, off-campus access to electronic resources, and interlibrary loan (ILLiad).
- This is the same username and password you use to access your Rensselaer email.
- More information on RCS accounts from the Help Desk.
The following login methods are only for users without RCS accounts:RIN (Rensselaer Identification Number) and Library PIN
- Your RIN is a nine-digit number, found on your RPI identification card.
- Your Library PIN is set by the library.
- You can change your Library PIN here.
- Used to access the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan system, which allows users to borrow materials from other libraries.
- New users should sign into Interlibrary Loan using their RCS ID and password. People who have previously used the ILLiad username and password to sign into Interlibrary Loan and who wish to use their RCS ID and password instead should contact Interlibrary Loan.