Rensselaer Architecture Library
Information Resources Self-Assessment
Highlights from the Information Resources (Condition 3.9)
section of the School of Architecture Architectural Program
Report to the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
The mission of the Rensselaer Libraries is to support Rensselaer’s educational and research endeavors. As part of the Division of the Chief Information Officer, the Libraries actively cooperate with other Division units to provide enabling information strategies, resources, services, and technology to the diverse Rensselaer community.
The Libraries accomplish their mission by:
- Managing access to essential information resources for academic programs and research centers;
- Selecting, organizing and preserving scholarly works and other materials of recognized long term value to the campus community;
- Participating in library consortia and organizations to influence the expansion of information resources available to Rensselaer;
- Providing facilities that are attractive and conducive to individual and collaborative study and research;
- Offering personal consultation and group instruction about information resources; and
- Sponsoring programs and events celebrating intellectual achievement and creativity.
Library collections and facilities are resources to be shared and used cooperatively by members of the Rensselaer community. As stewards of those resources, the Research Libraries strive to provide services and follow policies that are in concert with the values of intellectual freedom and the tenets of the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights.
LIBRARY COLLECTIONS (TROY CAMPUS)
| Folsom Library
(Main library) Completed in 1976
(Branch library) Established 1929
| 106.000 sq. ft.
|| 4,185 sq. ft.
|Number of Electronic Books=58,150
||Total Digital Images=50,000
|Number of Electronic Journals=34,000
||Periodical Subs=86; 182+ EJournals through
|Total Interlibrary Loan
||Library of Congress NA book
|Total Interlibrary Loan
||Interlibrary Loans Provided/Yr=450
|Professional + Support Staff FTE=26
||Staff=2 Librarians; 1 Paraprofesssional;
1.5 FTE student assistants
|Number of Initial Annual
Circulations=47,000 Daily Gate Count=1,450
Annual Gate Count=30,000
|Average Number of Reference
||Average Number of Reference
|Average Number of Presentations to
||Average Number of Presentations to
Architecture Library Staff
Other Links and Documents: